Thursday 5 May 2016

Ups and downs

The past week has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Anna was hospitalised for pneumonia. Heading to the emergency on Wednesday after a fitful night they decided to keep her for a night or two (ended up being a week). Which meant that I, obviously, spent my weekend by her side at Whittington. Which I honestly do not mind, I am glad that I got to spend as many hours with her as I did, even though she was ill. She is home now though, which settles my nerves a whole lot.

I was so surprised by the health care here. Even though we went to the emergency room on the first day of the Junior Doctor Strike, we got help quickly and within hours she had her own bed and had gotten enough help to settle our worries a tad. The staff was so friendly and helpful, making sure we understood what was going on and making sure that Anna was comfortable. Honestly, a bit of a polar opposite with the experiences we have with the Swedish health care. Sorry, not sorry - but it is true.

So she is home and recovering, but I am not fully at ease. I see her ill so very rarely that when she is sick to me she is dying. And though I doubt I will ever stop worry about her wellbeing, I am worrying a bit extra now. Silly, but true.

Other than that ordeal not much has happened. My beloved Nicky is still back in Austria (also sick - why oh why come back you asshat) and I miss her so dearly.

By the way, I love Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment