Monday 4 July 2016

A New Direction

After a minor realisation this weekend I have started anew and will try to live by the new rules I've set out. Actually it is just one rule and it sounds simpler and more stupid than it actually is.

Love myself.

I have always struggled with this and I do realise that a few hours of thinking and a few spoken mantras will not change anything. It is something that I am going to have to work with dutifully and continuously for a long time. I am going to have to change patterns in how I see myself and others. I am going to have to see things from a perspective that I have never honestly tried before and try to see myself objectively rather than filled to the brink with bias and hate. I am going to have to do my absolute best to not fall into a spiral of self hate like I have previously done. It is going to take time.

And I know that.

I will not love myself completely tomorrow, but I might just love myself a bit more than I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment